The Application Process
All applications received by The Bergesen Foundation go through our application process. The process runs 3-4 times a year, and we do not process applications outside the defined application schedule.
- When you submit an application via the application portal, we will confirm receipt by email.
- When the application has been submitted, all subsequent communication with The Bergesen Foundation will take place via the application portal.
- All grants are awarded by The Bergesen Foundation's Board of Trustees.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome through the application portal as soon as possible following the decision-making board meeting, whether the application is granted or not. You will find more information about when you can expect a response from us under “Apply for Funding”. Therefore, there is no need to contact us via email or phone for updates on the application, the process or the likely response date.
Neither the board nor the administration gives reasons for refusal. On a general basis, we can inform you that The Bergesen Foundation does not have the opportunity to support all project applications the foundation receives.
- Successful applicants will be notified through an allocation letter in the application portal, and will also receive an email notification.
- Support from The Bergesen Foundation must be acknowledged by displaying our logo in relevant project materials. The logo can be downloaded here.