About the Application Process
All applications submitted to The Bergesen Foundation go through our application process. This process runs four times a year and we do not process applications outside the defined application schedule.
- When you submit an application, we will always confirm receipt by email.
- This email confirmation will also contain the schedule for the processing of the application.
- All grant awards are decided by The Bergesen Foundation's Board of Trustees.
- All applicants will be notified of the outcome as soon as possible following the decision-making board meeting, regardless of whether the application is granted or not. Therefore, there is no need to contact us via email or phone for updates on the application, the process or the likely response date.
- Justifications for unsuccessful applications will not be provided, either by the Board itself or any of the administrators.
- Further applications may be submitted, provided a final report or status report has been submitted for any previously awarded grants.
- Any applicant that is granted all or part of their requested funding receives an award letter from us.
- Support from The Bergesen Foundation must be acknowledged in relevant project materials by use of our logo, which can be downloaded here.